How Hard Is It to Get into
Applicant Selectivity: Moderately Selective
The selectivity of applicants for undergraduate admissions to is considered moderately selective. Many accepted applicants score in the mid-range on the SAT or ACT exam, as well as having a solid high school GPA and number of college prep courses.
How Does Soka University of America Compare to Other Liberal Arts Colleges in CA
General Recommendations & Requirements for Admissions
In addition to the application and nonrefundable application fee, prospective students must submit the following:
- (1) Official high school transcripts
- (2) Official test results from the SAT or ACT
- (3) Two academic letters of recommendation
- (4) Two mandatory essays between 500 and 750 words each
- (5) Summary of extracurricular activities.
Candidates should be advised that the writing exam is required for the SAT and the ACT. All the forms necessary to submit a complete application for admission to Soka University are available on the University’s website, including essay prompts.