Overall Austin College Acceptance Rate
Accepted Applicants Profile
- SAT Scores: 1080 - 1290
- ACT Scores: 22 - 28
- Average GPA: 3.5
How Hard Is It to Get into Austin College
Applicant Selectivity: Moderately Selective
The selectivity of applicants for undergraduate admissions to Austin is considered moderately selective. Many accepted applicants score in the mid-range on the SAT or ACT exam, as well as having a solid high school GPA and number of college prep courses.
How Does Austin College Compare to Other Liberal Arts Colleges in TX
Nearby College Acceptance Rates
General Recommendations & Requirements for Admissions
Students applying to Austin College for their freshman year need to have included the following with their application:
- (1) one admission essay between 250 and 650 words on a topic of their choosing.
- (2) letter of recommendation or a school report from their high school guidance counselor.
- (3) letter of recommendation or evaluation from a high school teacher.
- (4) official high school transcript.
- (5) official SAT or ACT exam scores.
Applicants should note that Austin College is a test-optional institution, which means that applications without test scores included will be considered. Finally, a personal interview with a member of the admission staff is optional but strongly encouraged.
Number of Applicants, Percent Admitted, and Enrolled Students
Average Standardized Test Scores
|SAT Section||Score Range|
|Critical Reading||540 - 650|
|Math||540 - 640|
|Total Score:||1080 - 1290|
|ACT Section||Score Range|
|Composite Score:||22 - 28|